Please review all travel advisories prior to your arrival.
State of Hawaii Travel Advisory as of September 16, 2020:
- The online Safe Travels Program is mandatory for all travelers. For questions or issues with the app, click here.
- The mandatory 14-day quarantine is required for all passengers (visitors and returning residents) arriving into the state of Hawaii on or before October 14.
- Guidelines for Pre-Travel Testing Program - beginning October 15, 2020, all trans-Pacific travelers arriving in Hawaii from out-of-state will have the option to get a valid COVID-19 test at least 72 hours prior to their arrival, and show proof of a negative test result, to avoid the 14-day quarantine. Evidence of a negative test result must be provided upon arrival in Hawaii. Without this, passengers arriving from out-of-state will be subject to the 14-day quarantine. Click here for program details.
- Facial masks are required on all islands.
- Details may change at anytime. Please visit Hawaii travel resources:
City and County of Honolulu Mandates as of September 23, 2020:
- Beginning Thursday, September 24, 2020 social gatherings are limited to up to five individuals, including beaches and other indoor and outdoor activities.
- For additional orders about Oahu restrictions, visit Honolulu.gov.
Your Wellbeing is Our Top Priority
Updated August 19, 2020
Ensuring a safe, clean and inviting environment is at the core of our commitment to providing the highest level of hospitality.
In response to COVID-19, we have initiated and are maintaining industry-leading and scientifically driven elevated cleanliness standards to safeguard the well-being of our guests and colleagues. Our strengthened safety and sanitizing measures incorporate the latest guidance from the world’s leading health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and apply to all guest rooms, public and staff-only areas.
The comprehensive strategies we are employing are rooted in industry experience, based on the latest scientific guidance, and utilize hospital-grade cleaners and best practices designed to prevent the spread of viruses. These strategies will be updated regularly to reflect the most current science and technology available.
At a glance, here is what we are doing to keep you safe and comfortable:
- Keeping our Distance. Social distancing measures have been implemented in all public, event and staff-only areas of the hotel.
- Sanitizer Stations Throughout. Touch-less hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout all public, event and staff-only areas of the hotel.
- Enhanced and More Frequent Cleaning. EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants are standard protocol and used in guest rooms and to clean public, event and staff-only areas.
- Personal Protection Equipment Required. Orders issued by the State of Hawaii mandate that masks be worn in all public areas. All hotel associates are required to wear face masks and gloves. Guests are required to wear face masks in all public areas.
- In-room Safety Kits Provided. Upon arrival, each room will include a sealed safety kit containing a face mask, protective gloves and disinfectant wipes.
- Your Room is Your Room. No hotel personnel enters a guest's room during their stay without guest permission.
- Training and Education. All hotel associates undergo regular training on the latest safety and cleanliness guidelines.
We look forward to welcoming you soon. Thank you for your continued trust and loyalty.
Be Well. Stay Well.
Keeping you safe begins with keeping our valued hotel associates safe. Our dedicated COVID-19 task force has developed a multi-pronged approach to health and well-being, which stresses cleanliness and hygiene standards and regular education and training.
Our associates are equipped to handle confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases among guests and colleagues. They also understand how to identify potential health risks and are committed to working together to strictly follow all safety and cleaning protocols, which are detailed below.
- Proper hand washing and other safety protocol trainings are conducted regularly. Guests are also encouraged to adhere to regular 20-second handwashing/sanitizing guidelines.
- Front desks are equipped with plexiglass sneeze guards, and all staff (e.g. front desk, concierge, valets, etc.) will be required to wear personal protection equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Social distance markers are placed in all public areas (where applicable) to encourage social distancing awareness.
- COVID-19 policies and protocols are provided to each guest upon check-in as well as in pre-arrival communication.
- Elevator capacity is limited, as appropriate, to maintain social distances in controlled spaces.
- Should a guest or staff member be diagnosed with COVID-19 after leaving the hotel, all guests and staff that were present at the same time will be notified. If a guest or staff member is diagnosed while staying with us, proper isolation protocols will be followed pursuant to CDC and WHO guidelines, and guests and staff will be notified.
- Guest Rooms
- EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants are used to clean each guest room, with special attention paid to all high-touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, light switches, etc.).
- Your Room is Your Room. No hotel personnel enters your room during your stay without your permission. Pearl Hotel Waikiki provides replenished amenities throughout your stay – including towels and linens– in sanitized packaging.
- Upon arrival, each room will include a sealed safety kit containing a face mask, protective gloves and disinfectant wipes.
- Guests are encouraged to use mobile keys where available. In the event of key card usage, all guest keys are disinfected via UVC light treatment upon check out.
- For the laundry and cleaning of bed linens and towels, sealed laundry bags are utilized during transportation to and from the cleaning facility.
- Public Areas
- We utilize EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants throughout all public areas, including:
- Elevator cabs
- Public restrooms
- All high-touch public area surfaces such as handrails and door handles will be wiped down with EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are located in key areas throughout the hotel including hotel entrance, front desk, meeting room landings and elevator landings.
- Restaurants & Bars
- Prior to opening each day, we employ EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants on all areas.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are placed at entry points.
- Tables and chairs are spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart to allow for safe distances between guests.
- We provide no-touch table service adhering to safe social distancing guidelines.
- Digital menus are provided via QR code. Single use, disposable menus are also available.
- All shared items and food and beverage areas are sanitized after each use.
- No-touch in-room dining is served with sustainable disposable wares.